Sunday, June 20, 2010

The very next day...

Can you believe it? Either I'm a gluten for punishment or I'm just cheap and I really want to get my money's worth out of these passes, right? 
The truth of it is, I will go as often as I can as long as someone else can come with me. I don't think it's possible to take these two boys or really any two boys of their ages into a park by yourself. I'm just far too paranoid. Ethan would most definitely run away while I'm nursing Lincoln and I really think I might get kicked out of the park and arrested if I had to chase him down topless. It might be interesting to watch though. I mean as a bystander. Not anyone I would know, hopefully. 
So a friend of mine called me as I was enjoying the dolphin show and asked me if I wanted to come with her to Marine World the following day. Yes. The answer is always yes. So here we are!
Ethan doesn't seem to get tired of coming either! We got to do entirely different things. Of course, even if we had done the very same things I don't think Ethan would have gotten bored. I saw Lincoln yawning during the whale show, maybe he did. hmm...

Ethan got to play conductor today which was a first. He loves being charge. Who doesn't really?
Lincoln was the perfect baby. I'm getting used to the timing of his feedings (or maybe he's getting used to waiting patiently for me to get around to it), and he is just happy to be with people. 
We rode the carousel for the first time here and Ethan chose the bench to sit on. The BENCH!
But Teri and Riley joined him so he was able to have a little company.
We packed lunch today and all the kids in the group got to enjoy it together in the grass.
We rode in the submarine all together.
We rode some swings too, and Ethan took his first ride on a roller coaster (although I don't have a picture of it!) He told me it was too scary though. I learned that if he is scared during a ride, I can point to someone that he can wave to, and he forgets that he's scared and just has fun.

We rode the helicopters again today.
We saw the whale show. He even did an entire flip out of the water, hitting (or do you call it kicking?) the ball with his tail. It was amazing. Shouka didn't do that for us the last time we saw the show!
We spied on the napping tigers.
And found more water in a different part of the park. I even joined in the fun and got wet too. Such a good idea!
Since we packed a lunch I didn't feel at all guilty splurging on an extra today. $5 to feed the giraffes! It was well worth it! Way better than getting the corn on the cob that I got yesterday!

Look at that little face and tell me you wouldn't have done the same thing!
The giraffes ate carrots, green onions, and kale. But Ethan would only give them carrots. It's probably the only one he would eat too, so I guess that makes sense, right?
Every time we would go through the line to get another piece of food, Ethan would steal an extra one for me. It was cute. I love it when he shares on cue.
Look how they wrap their whole tongue around it so it doesn't drop! 
Ethan can't decide if he wants to give up his carrot or not, so he's hiding it behind his back.
The giraffe asked, pretty please.
So Ethan decided to give it up.
Such nice sharing!
Ethan rode the elephants too. Not real ones, silly! Dumbo! Sorry, did you not realize that Dumbo was just a story?
Towards the end of the day, Ethan got to take another ride in the conductor's seat. He looks like he was born to ride there.


1 comment:

rObrak said...

Amazing, how cute! I'm sure they all had a great time. =) Thank you for posting and sharing your photos. I enjoyed as well. By the way, you might like to try a stainless steel tiffin carrier for your food stack especially at times like this. With stainless steel container, you don't need to worry for anything because stainless steel containers are 100% BPA free, dishwasher safe, durable and eco-friendly too. ;-) It's affordable though so you won't need to worry. =)