Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Today I did my best to spoil John. 

We:
1. let him sleep in (ok, after he got Lincoln for me, oops!)
2. made homemade cinnamon rolls
3. gave hugs and kisses
4. made phenomenal chicken Caesar club sandwiches (thank you barefoot contessa -- these are my new favorite thing to eat!
5. gave John his cards (Thanks Jane for helping the boys!)



6. gave John his presents, one present included the three ties featured below. I made Ethan and Lincoln's ties out of a man's tie, a half-a-day's project but one hundred percent worth it!
7. shouted "Happy Father's Day" at random and repeated intervals.
8. Made cards at church that look like dress shirts.



9. Let John try out his new smoker and make some ribs...mmm.
10. Had friends over for dinner & dessert

An impromptu photo-op prior to church: 
Ethan loves his baby brother, Lincoln is still trying to decide if this will be a safe encounter.
Ethan decides he wants to hide from the camera instead.
But we get a good smile from Lincoln!
Look how grown up he looks in a shirt & tie!
I think this one is my favorite. It just brings a smile to my lips.
Old Man Lincoln.
What a darling.
There's the cheeser. I knew you had it in you, E.

We didn't:
1. Get a picture with John and his two boys with matching ties looking incredibly handsome. Must do that immediately.
2. Get a chance to call my dad -- yikes! We love you, Rex/papa! Thank you for all the fun times! Call you tomorrow! UPDATE: Done!

1 comment:

liz said...

YOU BOYS ARE SO DANG CUTE. I see you in their faces.

I miss you. How's adjusting to 2?! I imagine you keeping up your pace with fun and outsings and costco without breaking a sweat. You are Miss Chill and I need some lessons from you.

We so have catching up to do. miss you! xoxo