Saturday, June 12, 2010

Discovery Kingdom...Again!

We discovered a coupon that we got with the purchase of our season passes for a "bring a guest free in the beginning of June." SCORE! I love free things. Rex happened to be here, and John decided to play hooky so we had a fantastic trip to Marine World! Ethan had been asking to go "see the aminals again pleeeeeeease" since Pammie left, so he was so excited to go again.
We found the characters. Ethan was much better at waiting in line thankfully.
Unfortunately, we still didn't manage to get a shot with all of us in it. I could always ask someone waiting in line with us, but I'm a little afraid they might just take off with my camera. So until I can manage a different solution, you'll have to deal with a couple of posed shots in a row.
Oh look, we found pigs there too! I didn't even realize that Porky Pig had a mate! Anyone know her name? I would ask them, but they don't talk. But E loved them just the same.This time we discovered the elephant show(s). The first part of the show is showcasing the African elephants and all their fantastic talents.
We got to sit sooo close. It was awesome! I was only slightly concerned that Ethan might jump into the ring.
You HUGE girl! You're so big and round. You so hefty. You plumpy. Anyone see Madagascar II? That's my favorite part of the movie. I love moto moto. The name so nice you say it twice. Ahem. Sorry. Back to business.
The next part of the show you move over to the log pulling arena and the Asian elephant gives you a little show too. Their trunks are so amazing.
Ethan and Rex participated in the tug of war with the Elephant. Since I was carting Lincoln around on my chest, I decided I would opt out. I get far too competitive.
Then if you hang out after that show you can actually FEED the elephants too! Ethan was so pumped, he is still talking about it. You put the little pellet in the elephant's trunk and when he gets it full, he blows them up into his mouth.
I did take advantage of this opportunity. I'm still a kid at heart, okay?
We also saw the alligators out too! Every time we have gone we can never find them. This time I spied both!
Turns out even with a season pass to Discovery Kingdom you can continue to make new discoveries each visit! Hehe. Sorry.

3 comments:

April J. said...

Love the new blog look! Also the Madagascar two reference, I LOVE that part too! Looks like you all had tons o' fun!

Celeste said...

I was there all day on the 11th! When were you there?!

Tara said...

We were there all day on the 10th! Bummer! I would LOVE to see you next time you're around here. I know it's busy and everything for you with all your family around, but it would be Ah-mazing to see you! Oh, and I think our boys are twins. I swear all the stories you tell about Ty, I've also told about Ethan!