Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday to Me!

For my birthday weekend, Rex happened to have the beach house! Wahoo! We love the beach house. LeAnn's daughter Erica came to and Ethan was so happy to have some kids to play with. I was happy he had some practice with sharing.
Here is Erica's youngest, Jaylee, sharing the rocking chair with Ethan.
Ethan is sharing papa's lap with Erica's oldest, Aubrey.
Yikes. I'm so sorry about that one. I think that's my reaction to how I feel about turning thirty.
Or maybe it was my reaction upon seeing my slice of cake at the restaurant. They bought a massive cake for me and there were eight slices this huge. Who could eat that?
John brought all my presents down to the beach house so I could open my presents with an audience. Ethan was a fantastic assistant as always.
Lincoln stayed low-key through the whole thing. He can sleep through anything. I hope he keeps it up.
Sorry John, this is not the best of you, but I had to have Ethan's grin. And his cute new shark shirt from Grammie Pammie.
Here's a funny story of Ethan and how he's learning about boundaries. He usually is an invader of space and will walk up to perfect strangers and give hugs and kisses if he's in the mood (usually kids). Think of that combined with the fact that he loves to steal my camera and parade around the house stealing shots of the goings-on. I hate that he has my camera because it's an awfully expensive toy for a two-year-old. But at the same time I love to see what he captures and what is important to him. Unfortunately, he has not learned the idea of privacy and busted in on papa in the bathroom.
I'm just thankful he's quite good at centering the face of his subjects and he was able to keep it above the belt.
We love the beach house! And so far, thirty doesn't seem half bad! I was completely spoiled this year!

No comments: