Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let the celebration begin!

I have high expectations. All the time. And it's never enough. It must be really hard to be married to me. This year though, John did a great job.

I was totally surprised when John came home from work at 3:30pm unannounced. He had a dozen roses in his hand, and told me to stop making dinner. YEAH! He told me to go get dressed, that we were going out -- sans kids. That's right. That's pluralized on purpose.
We took both boys over to Jane's house and then headed to Danville, to a new(ish) steakhouse, called Forbes Mill, that John and I have been wanting to try. You might not be able to read it, but that menu has my name on it. And it says "Happy Birthday!" Nice touch!John got the Price Fix menu. He doesn't look very happy about it. But he was. Oh yes he was. I was too because I sneaked bites from his and it was worth it. I think he was just a little embarrassed at the number of pictures I was taking in a restaurant. What can I say? I was excited. Lamb, scallops, and a petit filet. All of which were cooked to perfection. I finally got some good lamb in the states!
This was my plate along with an extra plate of sides -- onion strings and creamed spinach, yum! Yeah, that's filet all right.
Then onto dessert, John's warming up to the idea of picture-taking. And probably checking out my dessert. He got strawberry pound cake with chantilly cream.
I got chocolate torte and creme brulee. Oh, and did I mention that mine was on the house? Cha-ching! I love birthdays!
John and I raced back to Jane's so I could feed Lincoln. Then we quickly said goodbye and we went to go see Iron Man 2! Fantastic! I had such a wonderful evening and got to start the birthday celebrations off right. Thank you John for exceeding my expectations this year! And thank you Jane for helping to make it possible!

No comments: