Monday, May 31, 2010

Enjoying the big blue...

Ocean that is. Down in our favorite little vacation place, Monterey. We always make it a priority to come here, whenever we get the opportunity. It's less than 2 hours away, so the drive isn't miserable, yet it's far enough away that it's still a vacation. It's perfect.
We spent plenty of time taking walks on the beach while we were there. These always seem to be my favorite pictures are the ones we take while on this beach. I should really frame all my favorites together and put them up in my house somewhere.

I can't believe how much Ethan is growing up. He speaks in full sentences now and just has the funniest personality. He's very strong-willed, but he can melt my heart in an instant.
Ahh, my fabulous husband. He can also be very strong-willed. Come to think of it, I myself am very strong-willed. I think there just aren't any sissies in our family at all. But John is very sweet and extremely hard-working. I think the most hard-working person I know. I certainly don't have his work ethic. But that's what marriage is about right? It wouldn't be successful if you both had the same strengths right?
We never cease to find treasures on the beach. Sea shells, worn glass, seaweed. Sometimes it's a seal carcass.
As we discovered, taking a family shot with a newborn in the baby bjorn is not all that successful. But at least Lincoln will know he was there too, right?
It's always a struggle to get my mom to take pictures. She is so lovely though.
At some point we do hang out inside the beach house too. We watch a lot of movies and eat -- oh how we eat. This trip Pammie and I spent a lot of time working on a quilt for Ethan. It's my first pieced quilt. I'm so excited. A little overwhelmed with the expense, but I'm planning on him liking cars until he's 40 so the quilt should get some good use, right?
Occasionally, we do a little of this as well:
Ethan took over the camera and kept taking pictures of the coral on the mantel. He kept calling it "Nemo" too. What? Me let him watch whole-length movies? No. Well, hardly ever.
Look at this cool dude.
Love this one of Pammie retrieving Ethan from the front yard. I think it's one of my favorites of the two of them.
Lincoln is managing to add a little chub to his face, and spending a little more time awake.
John came home from the beach house, while Pammie and I stayed there with the boys. While we were there John admitted himself to the ER because of some severe abdominal pain. I don't know why that always happens (last time he went to the ER I was out of town for a girls trip in Tahoe -- he had his gallbladder out and I got home in time to pick him up when he was released). This time was almost identical to last time, John insisted that we not come back from Monterey because we wouldn't be able to spend a lot of time at the hospital anyway with Lincoln. He spent 3 days there! They weren't able to give us a diagnosis with 100 per cent confidence, but they think that he must have had a gall stone remain in his system after the removal of his gall bladder last year and now it was lodged in a duct in his liver. They think he must have passed it and supposedly he shouldn't have any lasting effects, thankfully.

I arrived home to see that John had gotten a glider for me for Mother's Day (well, we had been saving for it and many people gave us money as gifts when I had Lincoln), but I mean he went
and found one and picked up up and set it up for me! Yeah! I love it to the max. It's super comfortable and has fantastic little details all over it. It glides, it swivels, it lulls your baby to sleep. Ahh, just what the Dr. ordered.
Lincoln even spends some time hanging out there too.We got to hang out a little at Jared & Shannon's house with Pammie. The boys are starting to get along so well now. Ethan is learning to be just a little more gentle with other kids. Here they are lining up for a race. Such cutie pies! Ready. Set. Go!

No comments: