Tuesday, May 25, 2010

April has come and Gone?

Evidently I'm still in "new mom" mode because I can hardly believe how quickly time is passing. I'm still a zombie I guess, although I'm slowly coming out of it. Here are the few other events/cute pictures I have yet to discuss this month.
First off, Ethan got his first official pair of Chuck Taylors and mama is so proud. Ethan loves to wear them.
Ethan had a big first this month too...going to the dentist. I got him dressed with a "teeth shirt" (see the monsters teeth?) and he seemed to be pretty well prepared.
The Dentist and his staff kept commenting on how he was the best patient. Ethan let them do absolutely everything on the first visit. They counted his teeth. Then they polished them. Then he let them use the scraper to get off the sugar bugs. Then they took 4 x-rays. Then they flossed his teeth. What a super kid! They rewarded Ethan with a cars toothbrush.
They also let mickey mouse sit next to him while they flossed, I wish I would have gotten a picture of that. But look at the cute little kid chair. He passed the exam with flying colors making two very proud parents.
Since Lincoln has been born I've been somewhat scared to leave the house, but I still get a little stir crazy so we've been taking lots of walks. We take different routes through our neighborhood and practice our listening skills. Ethan saw these flowers of our neighbor and asked me to take a picture of him with the flowers. It was so cute. How could I refuse?
Please ignore the orange juice all over his sweater. We are still, amazingly enough, enjoying our oranges off of our orange tree! And since Ethan is so fiercely independent, he always has to peel the oranges himself.
Here is old man Lincoln wearing big boy clothes. I dressed him up for church in real clothes instead of wearing the usual sleeper. I think he looks so old! I'll have to keep him in the sleepers a little longer so I can enjoy the infant phase.
Here are my two boys with Grandma Jane. Jane has been so good to us, taking Ethan as often as we need her. Ethan loves his visits with Grandma Jane. It sure makes a visit to the Doctor's office or to the grocery store a lot less stressful!
We also went fishing this month at Tilden Park. We met John after work, and fished until after the sun went down. We worked our way the whole way around the lake. Next time I think I'll either put Ethan in shorts or get him a pair of waders.
Ethan spied a fishing lure that looked like a little fish in John's tackle box and threw it straight into the lake. When I asked him why he did it, he explained that the fish needed to be in the water. duh mom.
Ethan lately likes me to take his picture and will pose for me.
For some strange reason though every time I ask him to look at mommy and say "cheese," he just hides his face. What a stinker.


1 comment:

liz j said...

Holy moly Ethan looks like such a big boy in that dentist chair. Great photos!