Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Discovery Kingdom

My mom finally got out of school and came for a visit to meet Lincoln and to help out with the two boys. Can I tell you how much we miss her already? Can I tell you how great it was for her to be here? No, I cannot. Because then you might want her to come and visit you. And really, I can't stand the competition. We need her back already. I have a to-do list about a foot long in size 8 font that we never got to do. Well until she comes back, let me rehash the fun that we had when she was here.
First off we got to take both of our moms (Mine and John's that is) to Marine World/Six Flags/Discovery Kingdom (Who is the marketing genius behind changing your name 3 times in the last 10 years -- you should be fired. Now no ones knows what to call it!). We decided to celebrate Mother's Day a week early AND we have season passes there that John and I hadn't been able to use yet. It actually worked fantastically well with the nursing schedule as well because anytime I needed to feed Lincoln, we would find an animal show to watch. Presto! I'm not chasing Ethan around the park topless -- really ideal in my book. Here is a good one of Pammie enjoying her newest grandbaby.
We got to spend some time in Thomas town, and rode every train in the park while we were there. You'll see. We are big fans of trains.
Look at the spoiled boy in the window with TWO grandmas! Ethan was eating up all the attention.
Here's another train! Ethan got really good at waving to everyone as he passed. He didn't even need to know you.
Thankfully we also located some airplanes to ride. This was Ethan's first solo ride. He's at the 36 inch mark!
Ahh. The wave. How I love those chubby little fingers.
We are at the whale show and look! John & Jane are on TV! Can you see them? John is wearing the orange Shirt and Jane is right next to him in the blue. We totally know them.
Ethan is waiting ever-so-patiently for the whale to come out. I love that he uses his pants pockets now. So cute.
Lincoln was awake for some of the whale show, but really just enjoys being held. And whenever he gets held, he gets comfy. Which means more sleeping.
Wake Up, you're missing the whales! Oh and this is the closest thing I have to a 1-month photo. He looks so tiny! I still can't believe it.
Ethan fell in love with the Looney Tunes characters too. He skipped ahead of the line of people to give a high-five.
And even sneaked in a hug. Oops, sorry everyone. We're still working on the waiting in line rules.
Then we waited through the line so we could get a picture.
Twice. (I wish we could have gotten a picture with both Pammie & Jane in one shot. I'm not experiencde with photoshop otherwise I would just paste Pammie into the top picture. Can someone teach me?)
Discovery Kingdom we will come again soon!

1 comment:

mom said...

Love to see those photos so I can keep up with the "doings" and "growings" of the two darling nephews.

(John's getting rather skinny!)