Thursday, May 27, 2010

Carmel Mission

This weekend we started it off right by going to Carmel! We got to go to the Carmel Mission. My mother claims the following statement isn't true. I have never been to a California Mission. I know, crazy isn't it? It's funny how some major things in life can be neglected like that. Pammie says it couldn't possibly be true, but I have exactly zero memories of seeing any missions in California.

Before we actually got to the mission though, we stopped at a hole-in-the-wall deli for some scrumptious sandies. I stayed in the car so I could occupy the little ones. Here Ethan is doing his best to hide from me in the picture. Heaven forbid I get a little smile from this guy lately. Henry isn't shy though. He's happy to give one up!
After I take pictures, Ethan takes a turn. He even centered it pretty well. Not bad, kiddo!
He had a bit more difficulty capturing Henry though. Nice kicks, Hensy.
Ahh! We made it there. Hello chapel!
Hello, bench. Hello family sitting on the bench. What are we waiting for? Get a movin'!
Ethan was especially excited to point out the bell above us.
We took turns guessing what this contraption is. Jared had to ruin it by actually knowing what it was. Lame. p.s. it's an olive press. Can we get one John, can we?
Oh, I'll take an arbor like this one too. I found myself wanting to steal ideas for landscaping our yard from the mission. The grounds were simply delightful.
Ethan is hiding again. And I am amused. Very amused, evidently.
We let Ethan out and look what he found! Quick! Make a wish!
I think that's a smile Ethan, nice job! Maybe he just wanted out of the belts we bind him up in.
Family of four now, weird eh?
I'd like to steal this bench too. But I won't cause it's a church, and you can't just go stealing from churches. It looks bad on the resume.
I'll steal this staircase in a heartbeat though. It's worth it. As long as it comes with the door too. And the tree. The tree must come too.
Thanks Carmel Mission for the great tour, and great ideas for our backyard. And really sorry about the two year old we let trample your garden!

No comments: