Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apple Hill

So I got a new calling in church as the Secretary in Young Womens. I happen to think it is the best calling possible in the ward, which comes with all the fun and not so much of the responsibility (pardon to any other callings in my past). As part of the calling we meet together about once a week, outside of church for activities. As one of my first activities, we got to go to Apple Hill, which is basically a collection of farms that come together to form sort of an farmers market and craft-fair baby. Since there is food involved, you know I'm there. Little man got to come along with me to join in the food tasting, and pumpkin picking.
E got a bonus sweater out of the deal. Check it out. I paid 20 bucks for the little hand knit, hand appliqued sweater. Dream come true, no? E loved it. I loved it. John thought I got ripped off and made E look like a homeless child. Come on peeps, what's the verdict? I wish I had a little better shot of it. I already know whose right. Besides, it was freezing bejeezing and E needed an extra layer to keep him warm. Surprisingly I still haven't gotten the hang of the boy scout logo (be prepared).
Of course, we got to participate in the magical art of taking the cheesy pic with the cut out object where you place your head. What on earth are these things called? As you will soon see, I'm a huge fan of these things, if there's one somewhere I can't help but take a picture with E's little noggin shoved through. I know. I'm such a square. See? My little pumpkin, encased in the sweet bliss of a wooden pumpkin. I'm so glad he was willing to acquiesce.
Another star of the show. Carmel Apple Pie. The streusel and caramel. It was amazing. Of course, I like my pie crust better, but I've just GOT to find a recipe for the filling. Plus, whatever recipes that involve apples, I'm all for. I got an apple peeler/corer/slicer from John's aunt and cousin last Christmas, and I can't get a hold of enough apples to keep peeling/coring/slicing. It's amazing. Call me if you want a demo. We can make applesauce, or cobbler, or PIE!
Here is the Dynamic duo in the orchard about to leave. We had a blast. E got to be outdoors (his favorite activity), and I got to eat (my favorite activity). I'm also sporting this super sweet backpack that my sister let me borrow. Sadly, we will soon be parted as she has another baby now and our time together is coming to an end, sniff. She got this from goodwill for $3. How am I supposed to find a deal like that? If any of you have one, or know someone who doesn't want theirs anymore, I would gladly pay twice that. OBO.

No comments: