Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Pumpkins and Footballs

Am I that lazy? The answer is always, Y-E-S. Here are photos from ALL the Halloween festivities this month. First off, we had Dinner group at our friends, the Jacobs. Once a month, a group of our friends gets together for dinner. We trade off who hosts every month, providing both the venue and main course. Everyone who attends gets to bring some other contribution.
Back to the evening. The Jacobs always throw a fantastic party, which usually includes dressing up (although dressing up on Halloween is a given I realize). There was a dress the mummy contest, costume contests, Pumpkin carving and the whole bit. I've included only a few pictures because, remember? I'm lazy. Oh well, they are cute nonetheless.

All the recent additions this year in dinner group.

Sleeping like the champ that he is. He didn't even stir with all the commotion.

Family shot. Get it? John is a football player. I am a cheerleader (and no the skirt doesn't fit). And Ethan is our little football. By the way, check out my bling.
This year was a first for both of us. Ethan and I met friends out at the Clayton Valley Pumpkin Farm. We didn't get to stay long, but we definitely enjoyed the photo op. Ooh ooh, and the pumpkins.
As you can see here, Ethan is growing like a weed. Although I couldn't get him to stand up straight. He is much taller than a foot and a half.
Strike a pose darling.
I tried to find a massive pumpkin that would dwarf my son. Instead, I believe it was opposite.
As it turns out, pumpkins are not all that cushy. Thank you for indulging me on this one, Ethan.
Ethan's just hanging out in the pumpkin thermals.
I love this boy.




5 comments:

GIRL DATING NYC said...

I love the attempt at Anne Geddes...although he does, in fact, dwarf the pumpkin. Thanks for letting me look at your life!!! Love it!

Sarie said...

Seriously. When I was reading down I thought, there better be a post about the labor story.. and.. a few blog seconds later, there was. Tara, the light has been turned on and I"m happy about it. And you're a good writer, p.s.

Jenny said...

his face is adorable in the last one! that is such a cute idea having him be the football. i love it.

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

I'm so glad that you have revealed your blog. I love being able to see what your little family is up too. Ethan is absolutely adorable-I think he looks so much like you with his blonde hair!

Nancy said...

I don't remember hosting a big party...it does sound like a fun one! Although a common name, I'm sure somehow we are related to them! I'll need to ask you sometime.

What an adorable baby!! My personal favorite pumpkin photo is E laying over the pumpkin. I'll have to remember that. We ran into the same problem with baby stuffed into the "pillows" of pumpkins...sounds better than actually doing!