Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pammie's Beach House Week #2

We went back to the beach house with Pammie and was also joined my my Aunt Dani, Aunt Lori, and her husband, Martin. We decided it was a great time to keep driving and go and see Hearst Castle. We've been going down to the beach house for so long now, and have talked about this trip for, what seems like, forever. It was fun to actually make it happen this time!
 We got two backpacks for the boys, thinking we might be able to keep control of them a little but better this way.
 Wouldn't you love to take a dip in that?
 Pretty much, everything was over the top immaculate and ornate.
 We got lost in seeing so many different rooms, all so elaborate.
 Ethan spied this little fountain and squealed, "He's peeing in the water!" Thankfully, everyone on the tour heard it too!
 Wow, this is a HUGE dining hall!
 Here's the group of us!
 And the amazing indoor pool, with real gold inlay.
 We had time to do two different tours. The second one involved a lot of stair climbing.
 Check out their view! I love California's coastline!
 I think I was most amazed by all the ceilings. This is Mr. Hearst's personal study.
 I also just loved the architecture.
 I think if I were to stay here, I would like the room in the highest tower. Such nice natural lighting!
 I thought the boys did remarkably well. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive down and then 4 hours of asking them not to touch anything, even the carpet. That's a lot of asking of a three-year-old.
 Look at the wood work under the roof!
 I thought the kitchen was totally sweet. And he had stainless steel countertops, that I had to point out to John (only because of our long running joke about our stainless steel dining table that he hates and I  love).
 What an amazing set up!
 I LOVED this old mixer! It made me want to go home and start cooking after I saw it.
 The grounds were all so beautiful. It also made me want to landscape our yards. If I only had 345 billion dollars...
 After the castle, we drive north to see the elephant seals.
 This guy was coming out of the ocean. It looked like a lot of hard work.
 Just look at all this laziness! Looks nice, doesn't it?
 We took everyone to the Julia Pfieffer State Park to see the waterfall running onto the beach.
 It turned out to be the perfect time for good lighting, and a good family picture!
 We love our Grammie Pammie!
 One of the girls! We had so much fun! Thank you for another fabulous weekend, Pammie! So glad everyone was able to come!

No comments: