Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Madness, Part 3: New Baby!

So the Parsons left after the beach house vacation and Mark left this little message as a parting gift. Little did we know, I would almost satisfy his request. (They left our house Saturday afternoon). The Friday before, I had my doctors appt and I was at a 2-3cm dilated and 80% effaced. We were supposed to go to the beach house again that weekend and my doctor suggested I not go. We were a little disappointed thinking that I was still 3 weeks away from my due date and that I could be that far along for who knows how long.But this is me on Sunday! I started having contractions again (I'd had false labor at least 3 other times, with progressing, timeable contractions). My Dr. gave me strict instructions that the next time I have timeable contractions for an hour that I should go directly to the hospital. I waited until I'd had them for 4, just to make sure.
At this point, I've gotten exactly 2 hours of sleep, thanks to the epidural, but things are moving along nicely.
Time to push! (Gotta love that epidural!)
Who does this to their wife? Take this picture that is.
Only had to push through 2 contractions, it took less than 5 minutes once I started pushing!
Such a proud mama.
Introducing our newest edition:
Lincoln Graham
Born March 29, 11:32am
7 lbs. 7 oz.
19 1/4 inches long

How proud is his big brother!
Miraculously Grandpa was in town and got to come for a visit! We never dreamed that he would be there. Lincoln surprised us by coming so early!
John takes over the bed to finally get a comfy rest. He stayed both nights in the hospital.
Here's our whiteboard full of potential names. We had such a hard time coming up with a name. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!
So happy he's here!
Such a sweet boy. And look at all that hair!
Is that called a lo-jack?
Sleeping like they do.
Time to go home now.
Waiting for the doctors release. This part always seems to take forever!
Ethan loves his brother so much. He's completely obsessed. Just like the rest of us!

5 comments:

liz said...

He is so adorable! Um and btw you look beautiful EVEN during labor. How is that possible?

Sarie said...

He is sooo beautiful Tara. And how do you look so pretty right after giving birth? How?

This post reminds me to take photos during all of it! I love them.

Celeste said...

Congrats!! He is beautiful and I love that full head of hair!

The Dish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
liz j said...

What a foxy mom you are. Congratulations on the beautiful baby! We miss you guys and hope you are all super well.