Sunday, March 28, 2010

March Madness, Part 2: Redecorating

For the past month, John & I have been working as quickly as possible to redecorate and make some improvements to our home (with the help of one of John's employees).
Project 1 was to add pendant lights above our bar. Sorry I don't have a before picture. I'm so happy with the amount of light it brings into the kitchen though. It's not a fantastic picture of the lights themselves, but I guess you'll just have to come and visit to see them!
Project 2 was to repaint the entire interior of our house. This has been on the to-do list for 4 years. Along with that, we scraped the popcorn ceilings, and re-textured the ceilings. This is our entryway BEFORE:
After:
I'm still hoping to add some new curtains, and planning on doing black & white houndstooth.
Here is our Living Room BEFORE:

AFTER: One wall is yellow, with the surrounding walls gray. I still have to make the pillows to match that kind of tie the room together.
I did make two of these numbers, and am quite happy with how they turned out (the pillow).
This is our upstairs hallway BEFORE:
AFTER:
Our Office BEFORE:
AFTER:
And a little corner with the glider:
Our Dining Room BEFORE: peach!
Now AFTER:Peacock!
Our Master Bedroom: Oops forgot to take the before picture before we started tearing the room apart, don't mind the mess eh?
Now AFTER: See? We're not total slobs.
Our Guest bedroom BEFORE:
AFTER: It's a Pumpkin Spice Accent wall.
Ethan's Room BEFORE:
AFTER: Eventually I'm hoping to make him a quilt that matches, but that will have to be saved for a later date!
The Baby's Room BEFORE:
AFTER:
John thinks it's a whole lot of different colors. I told him that was exactly my point! What do you think?

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I love it all! You're amazing! I think all of the colors are fabulous!

April J. said...

I love Love love it! I think the colors are awesome and want to use a couple of them!

liz j said...

Loooooove the colors! I think all the rooms look fantastic.