Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What have you been doing?!

THIS....

So this summer my dad, REX, came to visit and help us with (READ: practically do everything involved with) remodeling our bathroom. He spent two weeks here and we were able to demolish the entire bathroom, add insulation throughout the attic (making the upstairs once more a much more pleasing environment), put in a new whirlpool tub (ahhhhh), fancy tile work, new plugs and switchplates, move our lighting fixture and add a new one, paint (twice, I didn't like the first color, it made it look like you entered inside a cardboard box), tiled the floor, new cabinets, and put in the granite (actually someone else put this in, we're not that crazy).

Behold Before:


During:

And AFTER:

So see that fancy business on the base of the tub. That part was AAAAAALL me. You may close your mouth now. We still need to put up a mirror and the towel bars, but if I waited until that was done, you may never get to see our hard work. Until then, little man has to wait until we're in department stores to check himself out in the mirror.

5 comments:

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

I'm seriously impressed. I'll know who to call if we ever have a house. It looks awesome!

Sarie said...

I love it! Very fine handiwork there, Tara.

brittany doll said...

It looks awesome!! Do you want to do our bathroom?? That's what I want to remodel now that our kitchen is finished.

liz said...

NICE WORK!!!!! You're totally pro. jaw still open.....btw

Celeste said...

Nice job! you are quite the Handy Man... I mean Lady. It looks so great!