Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving at the Beach House

For a few years now my family has been able to go down to the Beach House for Thanksgiving. It's such a treat! We spent a little time down at the tide pools, which I'm sure you remember we have done in the past. This time the boys had a fun time doing something a little different. Can you tell they are SCREAMING their lungs out? What on earth could they be doing?
Why screaming at seagulls, of course.
Isn't that what everyone does when you see a seagull nearby?
Don't you worry we spent lots of time exploring near the water as well.
And just taking it all in. I love this spot!
We found some interesting friends too. Do you think this squirrel might have been fed a few too many times by humans? I'm pretty sure if we had any crackers, this little character would have taken them right out of our palms.
Ethan wanted to spend a little time posing today too. I love this face.
Ethan just loves to explore all over these rocks.
My brother, the perv, taking a photo of his wife's cleavage. Okay. Okay. Maybe it's the baby. But I seriously doubt it.
My sweet little angel boy.
So at the beach house with all the grandkids together, it can get pretty crazy. One afternoon it seemed like everyone was having a breakdown and we decided to throw in a random Japanese movie, produced by Disney, called, "Ponyo." It's basically like a non-romantic version of the little mermaid about a goldfish wanting to become a human. A little on the weird side, in my opinion, but the kids all settled down immediately and were mesmerized. After we got home from the beach house, I added it to my shopping cart on Amazon. What a dream!
We got a few family shots while we were there. It was pretty desperate, as literally, people were climbing in their cars to drive home, but we decided we couldn't lose the opportunity.
Just before we left, we found a friend waiting for us on Cannery Row. Let the Christmas Season begin!

No comments: