Saturday, October 30, 2010

Random October Moments 2010

Ethan has now learned the proper placement of a napkin at places of fine dining.
 Lincoln is getting to be such a smiley boy!
 Ethan had another fantastic visit to the dentist!
 They even did a little deep cleaning, and we got to hear what every parent wants to hear, no cavities!
 We went to a new favorite restaurant for John's birthday! It's a fantastic BBQ place that has $1 rib nights! Wahoo! Usually John and I will order the platter for four, just so we can have leftovers! They decorated the cake for us and presented it to John at the restaurant, it was awesome! We love you babe!
 Ethan has found what you're really supposed to use the lid on the tortilla holder for. Hmm, maybe we eat out a lot?
 The most amazing thing happened this month as well! I have been searching and searching for a piano for our family. Not that I'm a great pianist or anything. I certainly took lessons and I can read the notes, but I'm definitely not even functional. So of course when I told John that I wanted to get a piano, he simply rolled his eyes. Another one of my crazy wants, and told me he wasn't willing to gamble a thousand dollars (or more) on a whim that I thought I wanted to play again. So I searched craigslist for at least 6 months, taking us to all sorts of crazy people's and nice people's homes. All the pianos we seemed to find were either way to expensive or needed too much work. Oh yeah, and then we would have to move the piano still. Well one night we found a perfect, beautiful piano that had been restored, it just cost two thousand dollars! Well, weird, John said, nice dreaming, but I don't think so. That night I got on the computer and searched again, and low and behold someone had just listed a FREE piano, needed a pick up the following morning (Saturday) from a storage facility. I responded immediately that I wanted to come see it. I was so excited to see in my email that I was the first one to respond! Wahoo! I called the guy back and setup a time to see it that morning. I had to peer over boxes and couches and what not to the piano in the far back of the storage unit and told him we would take it. I would be back in an hour with guys to move it. They guy looked at me like I was completely crazy that there was no way it could happen. He told me to definitely call him back if I didn't want it because there were about 50 other people who were ready to take it. I called John so excited. We called our home teachers for some help. No joke, we had 6 strong guys on our doorstop within a half and hour. The guy was amazed when we showed up within the hour. Then we all were amazed at how well our friends moved this beauty!
 I am still just so amazed that John and I each got exactly what we wanted. He got to spend exactly zero dollars and I got a free piano! I cannot thank all of those guys enough for coming in our time of need!

1 comment:

Tara T said...

I can not tell you how jealous I am of your free piano! LOVE those random Craigslist jewels!!