Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Oh My it's the 4th of July


I can't believe how quickly this summer has flown by! 4th of July already seems like a distant memory, although it was a fantastic celebration. We started the day off at our ward annual breakfast. (I only took one picture.)From there we went with the fam -- which included my brother, Jared, his wife Shannon, and their son, Henry as well as my dad, Rex, and his wife LeeAnn -- to Tilden Park. It was our first visit ever and we discovered that anywhere in Tilden Park there is no cell phone reception, just to warn anyone who may consider visiting. We miraculously ran into Jared & Shannon at the the little Farm, and I miraculously planned ahead and brought celery and carrots to feed the animals. Much to my dismay, it has signs posted all over that you are not to feed the animals carrots because it gives them bad gas. As usual though, Jared pretended that he couldn't read and went on ahead. After all, what the heck was I supposed to do with a Costco 10 Lb bag of carrots anyway? Did I mention how I'm excessive in all things?
Ethan at first was super hesitant and wanted nothing to do with any of the snotty-nosed animals, and looked on in horror as we approached.As soon as he got a little better perspective though, he was willing to bend the rules and offer a piece of wilting celery.He got off Daddy shoulders and quickly found this fantastic bench to relax on -- the relaxing lasted about 3.2 seconds.Then went onto explore more animals finding the "doats" and sheep. And used his super sonic scream to notify us that there were in fact, rabbits and "piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigs" on the premises.After that he was the expert on feeding and was pulling up weeds to feed that animals. Who knew you could go through 10 lBs so quickly, eh?FYI, they do call this the Little Farm, Why, you may ask? Ask this bohemouth, maybe she knows. After the farm came the Steam train. I think I was more excited than Ethan. Please note too, the fantastic timing of this photo as the steam train was in motion behind us. Thank you very much.Getting comfy in the cars.The whole crew, well except for me, because you see, you can't do a timer on the train and expect it to turn out. Thanks for a great outing!
Oh yes, the fireworks part? Well we actually went out to dinner in San Francisco, and got shafted by the hostess in seating and ended up waiting over an hour for our table, and heard the fireworks going off as we paid our bill. But I was trying to keep the blog positive, so you'll understand why there are no pictures explaining this part, because if there were, they might be of us, giving the bird to House of Nanking. Happy 4th!

2 comments:

Sarie said...

IT'S ABOUT EFFING TIME TARA. Ha ha... okay I am just kidding. Your little guy is SO CUTE. Wish I could see you.

Taylors said...

I love the steam trains! we missed the fireworks last year in SF because of the fog. it sucked. nice to see you posting again ;)